Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a comprehensive range of clinics and healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Baby Clinics - we have an attached team of health visitors who are specially trained in the care of young children. They will normally visit you during your pregnancy, and make arrangements for you to attend their clinics with your new baby. All the appropriate inoculations to keep your baby healthy will be done by our Practice Nurse on a Tuesday afternoon here at The Surgery .
- Blood Samples - we are able to take blood samples when requested by the doctors, but unfortunately we can’t test the samples here. The doctor will indicate which tests should be made and ask you to book in with a healthcare assistant who will then send the sample to the lab.
- Cervical Smear Testing - our nurses undertake this important preventative test. You will normally receive an invitation when your smear is due, but if in doubt, please ask our staff to check for you, and if necessary, an appointment will be made.
- Cryotherapy - cryotherapy is a procedure for freezing warts and verucas to enable their removal. We run clinics for this procedure, and if your doctor recommends it, it can be carried out at the Surgery.
- Family Planning - our doctors and nurses can advise on a range of family planning options, including the contraceptive pill, vasectomy, and the insertion of coils and implants. Please ask for an appointment.
- Healthy Eating / Healthy Lifestyle - find out how healthy eating can help you achieve a healthy weight. Become educated on your eating habits' and lifestyle. If you would like an appointment to discuss these issues feel free to make an appointment with one of our specialist nurses.
- Maternity Services - we have an attached midwife who can advise you on all aspects of your pregnancy. We recommend that you have your first (booking) appointment with her at 8 weeks. She will then advise when you should be seen again, and refer you for any appropriate scans and tests.
- Minor Surgery - our doctors are able to undertake minor procedures such as joint injections, the removal of skin tags and lesions. Please discuss with one of our GPs if you feel you might benefit from such procedures.
- Travel Health Advice - our nurses are able to offer advice on inoculations and other health issues involved in travel abroad. Please give as much notice as possible if you require this service as many precautions take a number of weeks before they are fully effective.
- Physiotherapy - physiotherapy is available at the surgery if the doctor feels you will benefit from this.