Young Patients' Information
Stuart Road Surgery is currently undertaking work to achieve the “Young Person Friendly Accreditation”. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact the surgery as we would love to hear from you.
Stuart Road Surgery Young Patient’s Charter
- We will not turn a young person away if they wish to attend their appointment alone and are over 13 and assessed to be able to consent to medical treatment without needing their parents’ / guardians’ permission.
- We will respect young patient’s confidentiality and we openly and clearly display our policy.
- We will make every effort to not patronise young patients and will show the same respect to all patients regardless of their age, sexuality, ethnicity or social background.
- We will keep the information we display to young patients up to date, on both the website and in the waiting area.
- We will not use jargon and will make sure all information provided is clear and easy to understand by all.
- We will provide a safe and welcoming environment for all patients.
- We will welcome any feedback from young patients and will act on each comment accordingly.
Confidentiality is important to us at Stuart Road Surgery.
- We will not discuss your records with anyone other than yourself without your consent.
- Our receptionists do now ask why you are visiting the surgery to help direct you to the best care possible; however you do not have to tell her why if you would prefer.
- Although the majority of our office staff are female, if you would prefer to speak with a male member of staff we will try our best to accommodate.