Welcome to Stuart Road Surgery
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Have Your Say
NHS Friends and Family
Dementia Friends - every action counts
Dementia Friends is an Alzheimer’s Society initiative – it is the biggest ever campaign to challenge perceptions of dementia and change the way we think, act and talk about the condition.
Albion Mount supports the Dementia Friends campaign.
We have started to build our understanding of what it's like to live with dementia and the actions we can take to help people feel more at ease when visiting the surgery - from the way we manage appointments, greet patients, the information we offer and the support provided by our medical and reception teams.
We will develop our services to become more person-centred, with greater understanding of the needs of people living with dementia and those that care for them.
This is our Dementia Friends commitment:
- We will review the environment of the surgery to ensure it is more dementia friendly
- All staff will make time to become Dementia Friends - by reading and watching online resources at www.dementiafriends.org.uk
- Staff will be encouraged to wear a Dementia Friend badge
- Staff will have access to local toolkits e.g. Making Kirklees a Friendly Place to Live, Dementia Friendly Kirklees Resources. Details can be found at: https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/community/careInKirklees/pdf/dementiaToolkit01.pdf
- Staff who want to know more will take part in eLearning opportunities e.g. scie.org.uk/publications/elearning/
- We will work with local partners to consider how further changes and improvements can be made for the benefit of patients with dementia e.g. North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group, Kirklees Dementia Action Alliance
Find out more about the Dementia Friends initiative at www.dementiafriends.org.uk
And don’t forget to tell us how we can make things better for you.