If you are on repeat medication for a long standing condition, there are a range of options available to you to make collecting your medicines as easy as possible.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in the following ways:
- Online / Electronic Prescribing – Complete a simple registration form and bring two forms ID (one photographic) into surgery to access the online prescription system. (See Electronic Prescribing Service information below)
- In person - Each prescription issued has a white side to it which lists the medication you have on prescription. Simply tick the items you require, and place it through the letter box at the entrance to the Surgery.
- Telephone – We have retained our telephone prescription line for our most vulnerable patients. The line is open from 10am until 12 noon Monday to Friday - We ask patients to utilise the online or in-person options instead of the telephone line in order to keep this available for our most vulnerable patients.
We no longer take requests for same day prescriptions. Please ensure you have enough medication/s to allow enough time for processing of your request - We aim to have all repeat prescriptions processed within 72 working hours.
What Does the Pharmacy Provide?
Pharmiacies provide all the services you would expect. There are pharmacies that are open late nights and weekends. These can be found using a search engine such as Google. This should help those who find it difficult to collect medications during the day and some even provide a delivery service.
Pharmacies also provide over the counter medications, and are able to offer advice services to compliment our own, including some health checks, and advice on issues such as hair loss, weight management and even some minor illnesses.
Patients on repeat medication/s may be asked to see a Doctor or other clincian at least once a year to review their medication/s. Please be aware that without teh necessary review, all or some of your repeat medication/s may be stopped until you are reviewed. The Surgery will ordinarily contact you before your review is due.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen pharmacy directly saving you time by not having to visit the Surgery.
To have your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy, please contact the Surgery and we will provide the necessary forms to complete.
For more information please click here.
Not Registered for Online Services?
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.